Re-Use and Recycling
At Braiform we pride ourselves on our recycling and waste management, some of our achievements include:
- Managing our own waste stream
- Less than 1% into general waste
- Card sorted and reprocessed at our recycling partner
- Steel sorted and reprocessed at our recycling partner
- Plastic polymers processed on site and moved on to our compounding partner
- PS and PP polymers are reused in a circular economy in producing virgin products
In 2017, Braiform achieved:
In the UK:
- Saving of 2,982 metric tonnes in raw production materials
- 2,117 metric tonnes of hangers were recycled.
- 865 metric tonnes of recycled plastic went into virgin production.
In the US:
- Saving of 12,702 metric tonnes in raw production materials.
- 11,504 metric tonnes of hangers were reused.
- 1,198 metric tonnes of recycled plastic went into virgin production.
Sustainable Apparel Coalition
We have recently joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s vision is of an apparel, footwear, and textiles industry that produces no unnecessary environmental harm and has a positive impact on the people and communities associated with its activities.
The Coalition develops the Higg Index, a set of standardized supply chain measurement tools for all industry participants.
The Higg Index includes facility, brand, and product tools that measure environmental and social labour impacts across the supply chain. With the Higg Index, the industry is addressing inefficiencies, resolving damaging practices, and working to achieve the environmental and social transparency consumers are demanding.